Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Fall from Guer

Fall has settled in here at the edge of the Forêt Brocéliande. And I am definitely feeling it's presence. I came across this stint of yellow trees the other day when I was running. I came back the next day, to photograph it, and it had lost some of its vigor in the previous night's storm. Still pretty awesome though. With my initial reactions, the day before:

**Click the image for the actual photo--formatting is messed up on the blog.

it was as if 12,000 yellow canaries stood in a line and simultaneously exploded to create a singular yellow tunnel on a forest path, slightly downhill. it was as if spring had broke in a forest buried under 10 meters of snow, and as the ice began to melt, the forest filled her lungs with hot yellow air and blew a tunnel through the trees. it was as if she changed her mind, the forest; her favorite color became not green, but yellow. wet yellow. and then it was gone.


Also, I made an Autumn playlist. I really like it.



Going to Rennes tomorrow to see The Cat Empire, getting to Lyon for Thanksgiving-ish and Robbie/Alexis is coming together and I'm kicking ass in MMA class. Life's not so bad, eh?

Love,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment